There is no such thing as competition. We create competition. If destiny exists then competition cannot. You cannot beat me to certain resources or a certain thing I desire because destiny has to be fulfilled. . . and it is specific to each individual person. …Read More
Life is too short to hold on to any hostility towards anyone. This holds true especially with family. I have family members that have continually over the years done horrible things to my mom and sister (lying , stealing. etc). And guess what? I still …Read More
It’s nice to make a ton of money. It’s nice to work on interesting projects or build your professional career. I have done all the above. Well… the ton of money not so much but I did just increase my pay by 3.5% (listen that’s …Read More
With every life changing event I learn something new about myself and those around me.
Make sure you are learning, even in the midst of any struggle. You should ask: “what in the world should I be learning from this?”
I think the reason why I have been able to adapt to many things that should have broken me is because I try to squeeze the positive out of the situation.
Mannnn, I could have fallen apart while I watched the tears well up in my wife’s eyes right after the doctors told her she could be infertile.
But instead I noticed that the tears built up and did NOT roll up her rose colored cheeks. I imagine her telling the tear ducts “nope not today.”
I saw STRENGTH.
And in seeing that…I knew we would be okay. I somehow knew the doctors were wrong. I knew my 2nd child was on the way.Read More
I’m proud to make this special announcement. Eventually I may have a co-star in my videos. Enjoy part 1 there is a continuation that I will post later. Thanks for watching!Read More
Fail and fail often. This seems like ridiculous advice for any entrepreneur or anyone in general that is working in uncharted territory. But as I look at my life I have more failures than I would like to admit. Failing at Love Listen here, I …Read More
Signs that your Relationship is Healthy
- You argue but there is way more cooperation to make the dynamic between the two of you work when you really sit and consider it all.
- The have separate ambitions goals which you help each other achieve AND you have collective goals to grow yourselves as a couple or family.
- There is trust. Like real trust. If he is going out with the boys you know that’s where he really is. If she tells you that he is just a friend, you don’t stalk his Facebook looking for incriminating pictures…or go through her phone.
- You can speak your mind freely without judgement. Some people avoid speaking just because of how their feelings were shot down in past relationships. If you can’t express yourself, your relationship may not be a safe harbor.
- When you do argue you are able to let it roll off your back. You understand that one disagreement isn’t as important as being a unit. SO you cool off (quickly) and figure out how to move forward.
- I guess #5 ties into compromising. No relationship is successful without a lot of compromise. On both sides. I no longer fight with my wife about the color of the curtains in the kitchen if she wants silver drapes…okay fine. Just don’t put them in my man cave (it’s more of an empty room with books but it’s MY empty room).
- Space is given when needed. I personally don’t believe in “breaks.” If you need a break then you might as well move on if you’re with me. But I do believe in giving time to so the other person can re-energize and do some self caring. This includes going to the gym separately when needed, reading, meditation, shopping alone.
- There is equality. I’m a pretty opinionated/focused person. But I can’t afford to treat anyone without respect and not listen to other opinions.
- You give. That’s it. I used to give, when I was dating in order to influence the girl or demonstrate that the type of salary I have. I would give really expensive gifts…so you know I’m not broke or cheap. Now I give not expecting anything in return. It’s just fun to give. I find that giving cannot exist where there is no love.
What is this Mastermind that you speak of? A mastermind is a collection of like minded people that are looking to solve particular issues in their lives, growth in a certain area, or the sharing of information for a specific purpose. The idea is for …Read More
I received a question today that was similar to a question I received last night and a few times before. Basically the question is why do I have no motivation? Usually the question comes from a person that is a little seasoned with goal setting …Read More